Welcome to another contribution to The Adventure of Motherhood’s Feed Me Books Friday. Today I’m excited to share a series with you about some Wacky Aussies. The author, Jacqui Taub, has offered to send the complete series to one lucky winner!
About the Waussies
The Waussies are a cute set of characters created by Jacqui Taub for her grandchildren. She wanted to share stories with them that teach values like kindness, good health, as well as fun and laughter. There’s Hiccup Waussie (Sammi’s favorite), Boomerang Waussie (my favorite), Burger Waussie, Beachbal Waussie and a bunch more. The Waussies even have their own song! Give the chorus a listen. (With video)
Pretty cute, huh?
The Waussie Series
There are six books in the series. We’ve rad and enjoyed them all. Each one comes with a CD that contains the Waussie Song and a dramatized reading of the book. Each character has a different voice which I think enhances the listening experience. Sammi loves to listen to the CDs while looking at the books and often prefers to hear them rather than to have me read them.
Hiccup Waussie Loses His Hiccups
In this book, Hiccup Waussies friends try to help him get rid of his hiccups. They have some pretty creative ideas and I love Ant’s take on why he’s got them at all. (The air isn’t staying out.)
Other Titles in the Series
- Boomerang Waussie to the Rescue
- Tennis Racquet Waussie’s Space Adventure
- Burger Waussie’s Lost Bun
- Beachball Waussie’s Lost Air Stopper
- Pineapple Waussie’s Tickly Problem
Overall, I think these books are really fun. The characters are unique and captivating. Sammi is having a lot of fun recognizing the characters again in each book. Jacqui has created a great community of friends and you feel a part of that community as you read the books. The lessons they teach are subtle so it’s not too preachy, but they make for great discussions as you help your little one draw the lesson out of the story.
Aside from her own grandchildren, Jacqui has worked with children and loves the interaction of being with little children. This love is evident in her books and CDs. We were surprised when the CD reading of the book didn’t have a ding to say when to turn the page. That was a little difficult when in the car because we couldn’t see the pages to help Sammi. But when we cuddled up on the couch to listen, it definitely kept us both engaged in the story and the experience of reading together. When I asked her about it, Jacqui said she left it out intentionally because “it’s more encouragement for mums to sit with the children and help them read along.” I was definitely encouraged!
The giveaway os for a complete set of Waussie books from Waussie Productions and Jacqui Taub. This giveaway is open to US residents. The giveaway will run until March 18 11:59 EDT. The winner will be announced Friday morning and contacted via email. Feel free to do as much as you’d like to gain extra entries in the giveaway. You can use Twitter and Facebook once a day for additional entries throughout the week. Please come back and tell me each time to claim your entry.
- Leave a comment telling me how you teach values to your little ones.
- Please leave a separate comment for each entry to make sure all your work is rewarded.
- Visit Waussie Productions and watch one of Jacqui’s videos. Leave a comment saying which video you watched.
- Subscribe to Because Babies Grow Up (if you’re already subscribed, leave a comment saying that)
- Become a fan of Because Babies Grow Up on Facebook (if you’re already a fan, leave a comment saying that)
- Tweet “@ajpassey has a #giveaway for the set of Waussie books for kids 3-7. Come get Waussified: http://bit.ly/d903YS”
- Post on Facebook “Because Babies Grow Up is giving away the set of Waussie books for kids 3-7. Come get Waussified: http://bit.ly/d903YS”
Thanks for entering the giveaway! Don’t forget to check out other books moms are recommending over at Feed Me Books Friday.
Disclaimer: I received the complete set of Waussie books to aid my review. My opinions are my own and reflect the experience my children and I had with the books.